KoKo Cabins an Alternative to Bocas Del Toro Hotels
Private Cabins Built Over The Sea, “Jack’s” Breakfast, Friendly Service
KoKo Cabins is managed by Bahia Del Sol. This pairing has allowed KoKo Cabins to become one of the top ranked lodging choices in all of Bocas Del Toro. Guests of KoKo Cabins are able to enjoy “Jack’s” FREE breakfast each morning adding a touch of Bahia Del Sol to your stay. KoKo Cabins and Bahia Del Sol are right next door to each other and you will receive the same great service and have access to the same great staff…
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE MAKING A RESERVATION:
- KoKo is NOT a luxury resort in the traditional sense. We believe at KoKo the ultimate luxury is being taken care of and treated nice and that is why we treat every client as part of the family. If you want a RESORT we ARE NOT it!
- Our breakfasts are served in our home (Bahia Del Sol) family style. If you are the type of person that prefers traditional white table cloth restaurants and expects that at KoKo then DO NOT make a reservation at KoKo Cabins please.
- If you are looking for a European or American standard 4 or 5 star property KoKo is NOT it so please DO NOT book with us expecting that.
- KoKo is located in a Panamanian neighborhood which means there are people living in a variety of local conditions near to the property. Some of these conditions might be considered basic or inadequate to some western travelers but this is a economically challenged Caribbean island and the locals were here long before the tourists arrived so we ask all of our guests to respect them.
- In Panama and Bocas Del Toro the local population is not always as educated about the consequences of throwing garbage on the ground and living to the western standard so many travelers are used to. At KoKo we DO NOT isolate ourselves from these local people or the neighborhood we are located in rather we embrace it. We work with the locals to clean up the area and teach them how to improve their lives on a daily basis and in the many years we have been here a lot of progress has been made.
- People who enjoy staying at KoKo normally are of the mindset that staying in a traditional commercial style hotel or resort in a commercial area is not what they are looking for. These people have left us 100’s of reviews on sites like Tripadvisor routinely ranking us as one of the top properties in Bocas Del Toro because of our customer service and the uniqueness of being located in a Panamanian neighborhood surrounded by Panamanians NOT other hotels or tourists.
Sincerely Jack, Lee, Carl (CC), and the KoKo / Bahia Del Sol staff
The cabins of KoKo are located on Isla Colon which is the “main” island of the Bocas Del Toro Archipelago. The area of the island that the cabins were built on is uniquely situated on a bay and just a few meters from a beach. The area is called Saigon and is about a 15 min walk from Bocas Town or a 5 min .60 cent cab ride.
KoKo is far enough away from town that you can relax at night and watch the sun set away from the distractions of a commercial center but close enough that in a few minutes you can be eating, drinking and enjoying everything Bocas has to offer. KoKo is NOT located in a commercial district with other Bocas Del Toro hotels.
The area of Saigon is a residential area of the island and the resort is surrounded by homes. The rest of the neighborhood is made up of long term expats from all over the world who call Bocas home and many local working class Panamanian families. Some of these families might live in conditions that you are not used to in your home country however here in Bocas these kind of living conditions are common.
The property consists of 6 waterfront cabins all built on stilts over the waters of Saigon bay as well as one 2 bedroom 2 bath island condo. The cabins and condo are all available to rent by the day using our reservation system. The condo IS NOT a cabin and is pictured above. Located on the entire 2nd story of the building pictured the condo is built on land with water views BUT NOT OVER the water like the cabins.
Most people consider KoKo’s location a bonus feature since it allows you to experience local culture. Guests feel like they get to experaince a more real and unfiltered Panama then when staying at a traditional hotel or resort.
If you are looking to be isolated from the local population and would feel more comfortable in a standard run of the mill hotel then please check out the many Bocas Del Toro hotels located in the commercial area of town.
We call Saigon home for a reason and prefer it to all other parts of the island for safety, quality of life, the sunsets and the community feel. We would love to invite anyone with a sense of adventure and a desire to step outside of the box to come and enjoy Bocas Del Toro in one of KoKo’s beautiful waterfront cabins.